Sunday, May 31, 2015

Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday!


We have a pretty important birthday coming up this week at our house.  Our oldest son will be turning 16!  Dear Husband asked if we could turn back time! 



A clean and simple design was the plan with some left-over scraps from My Mind’s Eye Deena’s Penny Lane.  Perfect bright colors but not too whimsical!  I used Technique Tuesday’s Say It Happy die and stamp set to create this fun card.  The brown card stock was die cut with the “happy” outline and then adhered on the teal card stock with temporary adhesive to hold it in place.  The “happy stamp was then stamped in Technique Tuesday’s Red ink in the spaces.  The banners were hand cut from the Penny Lane scraps.  One of the “happy outlines” was adhered with the matching teal card stock die cut “happy” adhered on top.  My favorite glue to use with this type of die cut is the Sakura Quickie Glue pen.  The remaining parts of the sentiment were stamped around the “happy” in Technique Tuesday’s Red ink.  Strategic placement of dimensional adhesive adds a bit of visual interest to the finished card. 

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Scrappy Land #18 Birthdays / Celebrations ( I am also interested in becoming a Guest Designer!)

4 comments:

  1. Love all your happy windows and I'm sure your son will be delighted with this funky card. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lining up with stamping and die cutting - Thanks for joining in at AAA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card for your 16 year old son. He will love it. Great color combo and I really like how you did the die cutting and stamping inside! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at DRS Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the die cutting - great card! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!