Sunday, May 24, 2015

Masculine Best Wishes Birthday Card


It was time to make a masculine birthday card and my new collection Everyday Heroes from Heartfelt Creations came in handy.  Actually I was itching to get it inky and cut up, so this card was fun to make.



I started by masking the HC My Anchor stamp so only the sailboat would stamp.  It was stamped with Tsukineko Tuxedo Black on cream card stock.  The anchor was also inked up separately and then die cut with HC Everyday Heroes die set anchor.  Then the images were colored with EK Success Craft Chalks.    The sentiment from Everyday Heroes set was inked with Tsukineko Tuxedo Black on cream card stock and then die cut with the banner.

It was easy to select a paper from the Everyday Heroes paper collection that had three different designs on one sheet.  Perfect for card making!  The image and layers were die cut with Cut Mat Create Die Set 1A and 1B.  Using the remaining dies from Everyday Heroes the accent papers were die cut.   I will admit to asking my husband to tie a bowlen knot with the hemp cord on the anchor die cut.  It should look realistic! 

After adhering the bottom two layers to the card base (8” x 6” folded) half of the iron works die cut was adhered.  The next two layers are adhered with thin dimensional foam adhesive.  The buckle and banner die cuts were assembled and adhered with thicker dimensional foam adhesive.  The anchor is adhered and the hemp cord is glued into place with Art Glitter Adhesive dries clear glue. 

This was a really fun and simple card to create and is a perfect masculine birthday greeting!

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:



  Creative Knockouts #90 Sentimentally Yours
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!