Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Sketch time at Retro Rubber Blog


It is time for another fun challenge at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog and this time around it is a sweet sketch done by Claire.  Please stop by the blog and check out all the wonderful makes by the design team and leave a little commenting love while you are at it!   



My take on the sketch is clean and simple.  I am glad my creative mojo showed up because I had a hard time getting started, but now I am really pleased with the outcome.



Step One:
Stamp Unity Stamp Company’s “Love Brings You Home” (Jan, 2015) world map on blue cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black.  Back with black cardstock and adhere to a Kraft card base.

Step Two:
Stamp sentiment from the same set on Kraft cardstock and trim to fit card front.  Adhere to card front.

Step Three:
Die cut Quickutz heart from black and red cardstock.  Tie small bow from Darice Hemp Cord.  Adhere heart with dimensional foam adhesive and adhere hemp bow with wet dries clear adhesive.

Do create your own mini master piece using this sketch as a template and come share it with us over at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge.

Supplies:
Imagine:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Unity Stamp Company:  Love Brings You Home
Darice:  Hemp Cord
Kraft, black, blue, and red cardstock

6 comments:

  1. Neva, what a fantastic card... love the sentiment and your placement details! Well done, teammate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Neva: This is such a sweet card for anyone taking a long trip somewhere, the sentiment is absolutely beautiful and positively true, love the pop of color with that die cut heart, awesome and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Neva, I love the sentiment, I 100% agree. I really like the twine tied heart too. How are your bows so perfect!! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neva, great card! Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this card!! That world map is going on my wish list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is a treasure!! Needs framing!! I would looove to own this set! It reminds me of my daughter. It is genius how you put this together!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!