Thursday, October 30, 2014

Throw Back Thursday Birthday Card

Today we are going all the way back to card I made for my dad's birthday in 1997!  Not one of my earliest creations, but one that shows a few techniques.
 

The lion in the tree and the foliage are both Art Impression stamps.  The ink is most likely Colorbox pigment ink for the foliage and Memories black for the main image.  The lion and the tree trunk were done with colored pencils and a Dove blender.  Wafer thin dies were not on the market yet, but Fiskars scissors in all styles were popular.  I used a Mulberry paper to layer behind the stamped image.  My maiden name was Lyon, so the best way to create a personalized card for my dad, is to use a lion stamp for Mr. Lyon.  

Thanks for stopping by!  As usual I love to here a comment or two!

3 comments:

  1. Scrappers and cardmakers didn't have all the supplies that are available to us now, but you certainly used those you did have to best advantage! I'm sure receiving this card meant a great deal to your father!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother has saved all of the cards I have made for her and dad . . . which means I have a bunch to share on Throw Back Thursdays! It also reminds me how far the industry has come, and what techniques are coming back for a second round!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!