Thursday, March 5, 2015

TBT Paper Tole featuring Magenta Stamps


Splitcoast Stampers featured tutorial this week is One Layer Paper Tole.  Paper Tole has existed for a very long time; my first experience was with using pre-printed cards and fussy cutting layers.  The next step was to repeatedly stamp an image and fussy cut various layers to create dimension.  

Created in 2000

This card was created with a Magenta stamp, one of my favorite companies in the early 2000s.  The center image was stamped three times, heat embossed and water colored with Jacquard Pearl Ex pigments.  It is hard to see the shimmer in a photo.  The various layers are fussy cut.  The background is stamped with the same image.  Various colors of handmade paper and card stock back the central image.  At the time the only dimensional adhesive we had was home repair chalking!  The various layers are raised with the chalking allowed to cure.  It was a little stinky!


Created 2000

This second card uses smaller Magenta images and embossing powder layers technique on the backing layers.  The center image is stamped once, colored with colored pencils and a Dove blender, then fussy cut before adhering with the chalking.

Thanks for stopping by my Throw Back Thursday post.  It is fun to share my creative work that still resides in my “idea archive” drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!