Sunday, June 7, 2015

Congrats Grad Card #2



It is graduation season here in Oregon.  We typically don’t start school until around Labor Day, so school is in session and graduations happen in early June.  I like to make the cards in the high school colors of the graduates.  It just so happens that the three I have made thus far this year all use red and black! 


The Sketch Saturday provided a great jumping off point to get this card started and finished quickly!  I do have a stash of red and black patterned papers from the days that I coach a High School Dance Team that was of course . . .  red and black!

This is an A-6 size card to allow room for the image and design.  The image is Technique Tuesday’s Grad, along with the sentiment.  A recent purchase that was a lot of fun to get inky!  Tsukineko Versa Magic Cloud White ink was stamped on black card stock and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  The sentiment is stamped in Technique Tuesday red ink on white card stock.  The patterned papers were trimmed and adhered to black card stock, with each of the layers backed with opposing color card stock.  Quick, easy and ready to sign and present to the graduate!

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Neva...this image is awesome! I love the colors and that embossing makes the main image POP! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have used the red and black to coordinate with the high school colours of the recipient of this fabulous embossed card. It's lovely to see you play along with us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!