Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Test of Time Father’s Day Card


This is the second of three cards I will make this year.  I once again used the Heartfelt Creation’s Everyday Heroes.


The background stamp “My Hero” is stamped in Tsukineko StazOn Saddle Brown.  It is colored with Rexel Derwent Watercolor Venetian Red and Deep Cadmium.    Then I blended the colors with a Niji Water Brush.  The laces and seams in the boots didn’t seem to stand out enough so out came the Zig marker in Pure Brown to color in these areas.  I fussy cut both the watch face and the boots.  The die cut edge is Spellbinders Classic Decorative Inserts Two.   To get just the length with out cutting farther on the card I used a piece of removable tape to mark where I wanted the die cut to stop (sorry no photos, it was late!)  then placed this right on the edge of the cutting platforms.  I was glad it worked so neatly!  I selected a few complementary colors from the Everyday Heroes paper set and layered the card together.  The fussy cut images are adhered with dimensional foam adhesive as it the top sentiment layer.  

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:



7 comments:

  1. Love this one too - a great design.

    Thanks for joining us at the Fantasy Stamper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful masculine card. Thanks for joining us for our Father's Day/Anything Male Polkadoodles Challenge

    Karon DT, Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card I love the effect of the punched edge too. Thank you for joining in the fun this fortnight with our Fathers day/ Male challenge http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/week-23-fathers-dayanything-male.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful masculine card. Very nice. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card. Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley challenges. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!