Monday, February 19, 2018

Awesome Day for Quick Quotes


Hello, Neva here today to share with you an outdoor layout using Quick Quotes Spring Showers Collection. 


I have boys . . . which means I don’t often get to scrapbook using flowers.  But with this set of outdoor photos that included a flower I couldn’t resist using the flower inspired Spring Showers collection to create a brightly colored layout.


The left side of the layout features Spring Showers 100 with mats from Spring Showers 101 and 103. The section hidden behind the photo block on the right side of the layout provided the journal block and die cut; it is the reverse side of Spring Showers 103.  The journal block is inked with Bermuda as is the journal section which is from behind the photo on the left side.    



I wanted to highlight the large focal photo with a dramatic frame. First the photo is matted with Spring Showers 101 that is inked with Tropical Punch.   However, I didn’t have a punch that matched the style I wanted to create, or a die cut large enough to surround the photo.  This die is designed for a 5” x 7” card, but I trimmed it into four sections to mat each of the four corners of the photo.  An easy trick to enlarge any of your die cuts to your desired size don't you think?



The title is die cut and then matted on vellum.  Initially the title was getting lost in the beautiful flowers of the patterned paper.  I inked the back of the vellum with Tropical Punch to lift it out of the background. 



The right side has all the photos matted on a section of Spring Showers 103 which is inked with Capri Blue.  Behind the scenes I cut the center of the paper out to use on the left side as mentioned above.  Don't want to waste any pretty paper!



The journal strips are from Earth Wind Fire 500, cut into sections and inked with Bermuda.  Then to match the companion side, the strips are matted with Spring Showers 101 and inked with Tropical Punch.  Even though they are from a different collection I think they match nicely and add just the right touch to this nature based inspired layout.

Quick Quotes Products
Spring Showers collection (Coming Soon)
PowderPuff Chalking Inks Tropical Punch, Capri Blue, Bermuda

Other Products
Mystical Embrace die by Spellbinders
Emily alpha by Quickutz

Try using flower printed paper with your outdoor layouts, whether they are for boys or not!  You might be surprised how much you like the end product!
--Neva

1 comment:

  1. Nina, love this spread. The Spring flower is beautiful and makes me feel like Spring is on its way again.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!